Sunday, November 27, 2022

November Recap

As much I remind myself to get on the computer to actually post these, I get distracted and haven’t been posting them. I’ll be trying to make more of an effort to do them weekly like in the beginning. Instead I’ll be combining this past months post into a monthly recap. 

I started the first week off strong. My brother, myself and my SO all have a group chat to keep us motivated. I suggested we take turns that week and come up with a small challenge. A few of them were drink 100 oz of water, complete two miles however you wanted and burn 500 calories in one workout. It was fun, we all completed them and it was just a little boost to keep us going. 

My grandmother started her off season at the beginning of the month and decided to come visit us. My grandmother loves to cook and doesn’t do healthy. My plan was make sure she enjoyed herself but cook dinners at home. This would allow us to do our own breakfast and lunches and if stay on track with a healthy dinner. That plan didn’t go like I thought it would. She loves Paula Dean and I had taken them to Savannah years ago so she could go to her restaurants. My grandfather has since passed away and the only thing she asked to do was go to her seafood restaurant. 

The food, although not on my diet, is amazing! They even had a huge outdoor play area that the kids loved. I don’t remember it being there at all last time. She also insisted on making me tacos for dinner one night. While I lived in Clarksville near them, I’d always get an invite to taco night with my grandparents. She remembered how much I loved them. I couldn’t say no. All in all, my eating was all over place. My sweet husband also surprised me twice with Starbucks. He knows I love the Cinnamon Dolce Latte, also not diet approved. We talked on that a bit one night and we both agreed, my time with my grandma is limited. I don’t know how much longer we’ll have her around but while I do, making precious memories with her and my family will come first and I was okay with any weight I was going to gain while she was visiting. As a surprise we drove by PD house. She has a hard time getting around but she talked about getting to see just a glimpse of it from the road, for days.

By the end of her visit, I had only gained a fraction of a pound. Following her visit, I had a week before I left to TN. I stayed on track. Not much change on the scale but I have started to notice the muscle at the tops of my thighs from all the leg extensions. Heading to TN, I had no plans on sticking to diet or a workout routine. I would be staying at my dads and we had our family Thanksgiving, a birthday party and no workout equipment. As we left out, my oldest child was running a fever. He spent several days laying around. Thanksgiving Day, Sunday for our family, I woke up with diarrhea. Lasted 24 hours. Then the baby got a fever. I don’t know if getting sick was the reason I didn’t gain any weight that week but I’m just going to assume so. They didn’t have a scale so I missed a week of weighing in. Was for sure I’d gain something by the time I got home. I weighed what I’d been weighing all month. 

We got home and had a tiny Thanksgiving with my SO and a work buddy. I got back in the gym just in time to start my cycle. This month has been interesting to say the least. I’ve got a few days left and need to lose 2 pounds in order to keep on track with my goal of five pounds a month. I’ve been the same weight since the end of October. Small changes here and there but consistently 170 pounds. I’ve been ahead each month so December I need to actually put in the work. I do believe knowing I don’t have the cushion will get my butt in gear to step up my game again.

I weighed in today just for an idea on how much I still needed for this month. I’ve got four more days to lose 1.5 pounds. I am going to do it! Next update you all will be able to celebrate with me, reaching my monthly goal and reaching 20 pounds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment