Friday, September 23, 2022

Week Seven Recap

(Once again, forgot to post it on Wednesday.)

My back is finally getting better! I can barely feel now and haven’t had any issues with it during my workouts. I still avoid using that area as much as possible but when I do a little bit, it hasn’t aggravated it. My SO had to leave for the weekend for work. Friday-Monday which meant I had all three kids at home on Saturday and Sunday during my workouts. This proved to be a challenge. Between the three of them, I ended up pausing my workouts about a 1000x each day. Even Friday with just my youngest was a rough day. But something was better than nothing. Because he was gone, I also wasn’t able to get any recipes posted like I had hoped. 

Monday was the start of a challenge I joined. Bucked Up Fitness was offering a free 8-week challenge. There are prizes to be won if you purchase one of their supplements. I haven’t decided if I’ll be doing that to enter for the prizes but it is nice having pre-planned workouts each day. Monday was legs, Tuesday was upper body and today was an active rest day. I got on the treadmill today and set it to a 10% incline and just walked for about 20 minutes. I plan on going for another walk outdoors with the kids later today. The goal is to reach 10,000. Active rest days are exactly what they sound like. Staying active but also giving your body a rest. 

I was able to mark off a new TVL goal of 20,000 pounds lifted in one session. Today is also weigh in day. I had gained a half pound last week after having to take most of the week off. But I am finally seeing some progress again and can’t wait to crush this next week. I weighed in today at 176 pounds. This puts me at a 12 pound loss with only 33 more pounds to go. I’m still striving to reach the 60’s before my in laws get here. That will hopefully be my drive for the next two weeks but I am happy with any progress! I am currently 2 pounds over my goal for this month and will be shooting for two more this week. 

A little off topic but what are y’all reading? I’ve just got back into reading. I tried over the years and just couldn’t get into the random book I would grab. I finally gave into the Colleen Hoover books and I’ve enjoyed the easy reads. I’ve just started branching out and really enjoyed those as well. I think I’ve read 10 books this month already. Send me your favorites. Bonus points if they are on Kindle Unlimited. There’s been so many recommended on BookTok but the majority of them aren’t on there so until I can make the drive out to the boom store, I’m limited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment